Novel Brewing Co. is hiring a part-time beer server!
We are looking to expand our current team, and we are hoping you will be can be that person!
We are seeking a beer server for the tasting room that can work the Tuesday shift (4 to 10:30-ish pm), Saturday shift (5:30 to 10:30-ish), and Sunday shift (5:30 to 10:30-ish).
The position requires someone with great personal skills and excellent beer knowledge to interact with the ridiculously great patrons that come into the tasting room.
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no walk ins or phone calls! Must be at least 21 years old.
The primary responsibilities of the beer server portion are:
- Desire to interact and greet customers in professional manne
- Check identification and confirm it meets legal drinking ag
- General knowledge of beer styles, strength, categories (Cicerone Beer Server Certification a plus)
- Knowledge of beer on draft in order to be able to educate and make recommendations, if asked
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- General understanding of how to identify intoxication and know when to stop serving
- Knowledge and ability to run POS system (Square)
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures, and work as a team
- Collect money for drinks served and balance cash receipts
- General understanding of the draft system (C02 setup, changing kegs)
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Monitor and ensure cleanliness in the bar area: sanitize work surfaces, take out garbage,wipe and clean bar, work area and tables, clean and wash barware
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplie
- Check and clean bathroom
- Physical Requirements: Excessive standing and walking without breaks; Bending, reaching, and flexibility in confined areas; Carrying up to 50 lbs.